Everyone may use the Internet pages of https://wallasey.merseysidechess.org.uk/ freely and without submitting of any personal data. This website, as every website does, collects general data like IPv4, date and time.
Processing of personal data will be always according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and according to the UK data protection regulations.
As we all know, internet-based data transmission may be not 100% secure, so absolute protection and absolute security may not be guaranteed. For this reason, everyone may decide to submit personal data to us by telephone or letter.
Who is collecting the data?
Data are collected be Wallasey Chess Club. Our aim is to take part in chess leagues and chess tournaments in Merseyside and to support chess as a sport.
Who is responsible for ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations?
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we do not have a statutory requirement to have a Data Protection Officer. The person who is responsible for ensuring that Wallasey Chess Club discharges its obligations under the GDPR is our webmaster.
Registration: When you log in, your access data are stored in an encrypted form as cookies in order to automatically log you in at a repeated visit of this website. In the login window, you can use the option "Permanently logged in" to specify whether these cookies should be created.
Session: The first time you visit our site, a new session will start, which will be assigned to your computer by a unique cookie. Sessions allow you to recognise between two page views and provide you with all functionalities. This is a temporary cookie that is automatically deleted when you close the Internet browser.
Third party services: The display of advertisements or the sharing of content on social networks or similar websites may result in the creation of a cookie. These cookies are not generated directly by our site, but by the third party provider.
You can disable and remove cookies: In the settings of your web browser, you can manage and remove all cookies. You can also completely disable the storage of cookies there. You may be aware that, if you don‘t accept cookies, you may not be able to not all features of this website.
Which general data and information are being collected?
This website, like all websites, collects a series of general data and information when someone (= a data subject or automated system) visits the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be
- the browser types and versions used
- the operating system used by the accessing system
- the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers)
- the sub-websites
- the date and time of access to the Internet site
- an Internet protocol address (IP address)
- the Internet service provider of the accessing system
- any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using these general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to
- deliver the content of our website correctly
- optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement
- ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
- provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
Therefore, we analyse anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security, and to ensure a maximal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
What about the Contact component on our website?
The website https://wallasey.merseysidechess.org.uk/ provides a contact form using an e-mail-communication-system. If you use this contact form to contact us, your name and e-mail-address is required. These personal data will be exclusively used for the communication with you. They won't be passed on to a third party. They will be deleted after the end of the communication and when they are no longer needed for communication.
What about the newsletters?
On our website we offer newsletters for information and communication management purposes. For registration we use the double-opt-in process. After registering you will get an automatically created confirmation e-mail. To finish the registration process you have to confirm the registration by clicking on the link in the e-mail.
If you register for our newsletter(s), we require your name and e-mail-address. These personal data will only be used for sending newsletter(s) and will never be passed to a third party.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time using the “unsubscribe”-link at the bottom of every newsletter or at the website of Wallasey Chess Club.
What personal data is being collected?
Wallasey Chess Club collects only the data which are necessary to run and organise their chess teams, chess tournaments and other activities and which are necessary to keep Wallasey chess Club working. These data are Ref-number (= Grading Code), name and surname of a player, Sex, Age (Shown for juniors only), ECF membership number, class and expiry, Club membership(s) and Club(s) player is listed for, Nationality and FIDE code.
We collect this data via the English Chess Federation (ECF) grading database or from the players, i.e. members themselves.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Wallasey Chess Club collects personal data which are necessary for the purposes of its legitimate interests as a membership organisation and participant in an internationally recognised and regulated, competitive mind sport.
For some data, such as that relating to financial matters, the basis for its collection and retention is to comply with our legal obligations.
Will the data be shared with any third parties? How will the information be used?
Wallasey Chess Club transfers data to the Merseyside Chess Association (MCA) and to the English Chess Federation (ECF) for grading and membership purposes. These data are Refnumber (= Grading Code), name and surname of a player, e-mail-address, Sex, Age (Shown for juniors only), ECF membership number, class and expiry, Club membership, Nationality and FIDE code, results of games and matches.
All data will be stored on the server in the database of our website. This database is protected by a password, sensible information like passwords are encrypted.
As we have and use an SSL-certificate, all communication between a client (= web-browser) and our website is encrypted.
Who has access to the data?
Members of the Wallasey Chess Club committee have access to all the data stored on the website. Members of Wallasey Chess Club have different rights depending on their position in the club.
Every member of Wallasey Chess Club may get access to the password-protected members-area of our website. She or he has to submit name, e-mail-address and a password.
How long will the data be stored for?
The privat data will be stored as long as necessary or as long as EU laws and UK laws request; results of games and matches may be stored indefinitely in an archive for history and documentation purposes.
What rights does the data subject have?
- You have the right to access your personal data at any time, to update, to edit and to complete them. To exercise this right you may login with your username and password or contact the webmaster or your league controller.
- You have the right to contact the webmaster at any time regarding data protection and data security; but remember that the webmaster needs his good night sleep and doesn’t like to be contacted at night; he will be in such a case very very angry and rude.
- You have the right to get all information about how your data are processed and used
- You have the right to get the information about how long your data will be stored: your data will be stored as long as necessary or as long as EU law and UK law request
- You have the right to request to delete your data at any time as long as no legitimate interests of Wallasey Chess Club are against this
- You have the right to restrict the use and processing of your data as long as no legitimate interests of Wallasey Chess Club are against this
- You have the right to complain at and with a supervisory authority
Your personal data won’t be passed on to another country or to any international organisation.
How can the data subject raise a complaint?
Everyone has the right to request Wallasey Chess Club to delete her or his data. She or he may contact our webmaster.
Does Wallasey Chess Club use automated decision-making?
No, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.